How to spot and report the signs

PEOPLE in Worcestershire are being taught how to spot and report signs of abuse and neglect.

Worcestershire County Council issued the advice during Safeguarding Adults Week which ran between November 16 and 22.

If you’re concerned about someone there are a number of ways you can help.

Firstly, if it is an emergency always call police by dialing 999.

If you want to report a crime or potential crime you can phone the non-emergency number 101.

To report a safeguarding concern call the County Council on 01905 768053 or for advice only 01905 843189.

Councillor Adrian Hardman, cabinet member with responsibility for adult social care, said: “Adults with care and support needs may need additional help to enable them to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.

“Adult safeguarding is about people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst respecting the wishes of the person involved.”

Visit for more information.

Worcester – The Worcester Observer